The occurrence of eye flu cases among our students is on the rise these days.
As the health and well-being of our students is of utmost importance, we request you to take necessary measures to prevent the further spread of the infection within the school premises.
Eye flu, also known as conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye infection caused by bacteria or viruses. It can easily spread from person to person through direct contact, contaminated surfaces, or sharing personal items.
The symptoms typically include redness, itching, watering, discharge, and sometimes blurred vision. To minimize the risk of transmission, we request you to cooperate and follow the guidelines given below:
1. If your child exhibits any of the following symptoms, please keep them at home and seek medical advice:
* Redness, swelling, or itching of the eyes.
* Watery or pus-like discharge from the eyes,sticky eyes.
* Sensitivity to light or blurred vision.
2. Advise your child to avoid touching or rubbing their eyes, as this can contribute to the spread of the infection.
3. Encourage frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before and after touching the eyes or face.
4. Encourage your child to use tissues or disposable wipes when wiping or cleaning their face, and dispose of them properly after use.
5. Regularly disinfect personal items such as eyeglasses, goggles, and contact lenses accordingly.
6. Do not send your child to school If your child has been diagnosed with eye flu.
In order to protect the health of all our students,
We request your cooperation in keeping your child at home till they have recovered completely and obtain a medical clearance.
Looking forward to your cooperation.